Grease fire burns man in southeast Fort Worth

06/02/2014 3:33 PM

06/02/2014 3:35 PM

A man was taken by helicopter early Monday afternoon to Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas after he was burned by a grease fire in southeast Fort Worth, authorities said.

Firefighters were called at 12:42 p.m. to a reported structure fire in the 3000 block of Pheasant Glen Drive in southwest Fort Worth.

The fire was put out by a neighbor before firefighters arrived, said Battalion Chief Richard Harrison, spokesman for the Fort Worth Fire Department.

“But,” he said, “an adult male suffered second-degree burns over an estimated 20 percent of his body — left arm, stomach and leg.”

The burns, Harrison said, resulted from “a grease fire while cooking.”

“MedStar and CareFlite were requested to the scene, and the patient was eventually transported to Parkland via CareFlite,” Harrison said.

The man’s medical condition could not be determined Monday afternoon.

Join the Discussion

Fort Worth Star-Telegram is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQ | Terms of Service