If you live in the Fort Worth area but your fashion sense (and pocketbook) are more suited for Beverly Hills, circle Sept. 14 on the calendar.
That’s the day a bunch of stores are planning to open in the new upscale shopping center known as The Shops at Clearfork, at Edwards Ranch Road and Chisholm Trail Parkway on the city’s west side. They will join Neiman Marcus, which opened its new Fort Worth department store there in February.
Several of the stores will be making their debut in Tarrant County, according to officials from Simon, the shopping center’s operator, and Cassco Development Co., its partner in the project.
Also, for those who might want to work at The Shops at Clearfork, many of the retailers and restaurants are now accepting applications online.
Stores that have confirmed they will open Sept. 14 include:
- Alex and Ani — Trendy jewelry
- Evereve — Contemporary fashion for moms
- Apricot Lane — Women’s clothing (also has stores in Southlake and north Dallas)
- Pandora — Popular charm bracelets (also at North East Mall in Hurst and The Parks Mall in Arlington)
- Climate — Sporting goods with an emphasis on surfing and skiing (also in Fort Worth’s West 7th area)
- Tumi — Upscale luggage (also in Dallas and Plano.
- Joy Macarons — French-style cookies.
- Hemline — Women’s fashion (also in Dallas)
- Toni & Guy — Hair salon (also in West 7th area)
In addition, at least three other stores expect to open this fall before the Christmas shopping season kicks off although they haven’t announced a specific date. They are:
- Mills No. 3 — Women’s fashion.
- Rimowa — European, grooved luggage (also has a store in Grapevine)
- Sunglass Hut — The name says it all, selling Ray-Bans, Oakleys and other brands at about 2,000 locations around the world
So far, only the two-story, 90,000-square-foot Neiman Marcus and Frost Bank have opened at Clearfork. But much more is on the way.
Several upscale restaurants are expected in the open-air development including B&B Butchers & Restaurant, City Works Eatery and Pour House, Crú Food & Wine Bar, Doc B's Fresh Kitchen, Fixe, Luna Grill, Malai Kitchen, Mesero, rise n°3 and Twigs Bistro and Martini Bar.
Other stores slated to eventually open include Louis Vuitton, Burberry, Tiffany & Co., Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams, Z Gallerie and Arhaus. There will also be AMC Theatres and Pinstripes upscale bowling center.