A concession stand at LaGrave Field caught fire Wednesday night, officials said.
Firefighters were dispatched to the vacant ballpark in the 800 block of North Main Street about 8 p.m. They extinguished the fire and no injuries were reported.
Arson detectives are investigating the fire. An estimate on the damage was not available Wednesday night.
LaGrave Field, the former home of the Fort Worth Cats minor league ball club, was rebuilt in 2002, and flourished for more than a decade. But the financially strapped Cats have since folded, and the ballpark has been dormant for more than two years. And during that time, it has been beaten by Mother Nature and savagely vandalized by human trespassers.
When the Star-Telegram updated the park’s condition in a story in March, its old-fashioned center-field scoreboard was covered with graffiti. Billboards shredded by wind and rain were dangling from their supports. Parts of the outfield wall had been kicked in. And the once-pristine grass playing surface was now a patchwork of dirt and weeds. Electrical boxes had been pried open, and their copper wiring ripped out by thieves.