Firefighters battled a fire sparked by a broken gas line and asked people to avoid the areas around Main Street, Pearl Street and Cesar Chavez Boulevard, according to published reports.
No injuries had been reported due to the fire, a story by WFAA said. When firefighters arrived they saw the gas line had been accidentally broken by a construction company working to expand Cesar Chavez Boulevard, the WFAAA story said.
After Atmos Energy shut off the gas to the line, firefighters were able to put out the fire, according to WFAA reporting.
Never miss a local story.
The fire appeared to be located at a construction site, according to reporting from NBC 5. Firefighters were fighting the blaze with multiple ladder trucks.