Cool day ahead, rain on Wednesday for North Texas

03/25/2014 8:48 AM

03/25/2014 8:55 AM

Raindrops are headed for North Texas, unfortunately forecasters say it may not be much.

But before the showers and rains come on Wednesday, the National Weather Service in Fort Worth called for sunny skies on Tuesday with daytime temperatures in the lower 60s. North winds made it a chilly morning in North Texas, the low temperature at the Dallas/Fort Worth Airport was 42 degrees and it was 43 at Love Field in Dallas.

An upper level disturbance will bring a good chance of showers and light rain on Wednesday.

“It’ll be cloudy in the morning when you get up,” said meteorologist Jesse Moore at the NWS office in Fort Worth on Tuesday. “The showers will be here about mid-morning and it will be widespread.”

Forecasters say there’s a 70 percent chance of rain on Wednesday, 30 percent that evening. However, forecasters say the average amount of rain will be near a tenth of an inch.

Temperatures will be in the upper 50s on Wednesday with breezy south winds at 15 to 25 mph.

Only a 20 percent chance of showers or thunderstorms is in the forecast for Thursday and daytime highs will in the 80s.

After Thursday, the rest of the week will be dry with partly cloudy skies. Lows in the mornings will be in the upper 40s to lower 50s and daytime high temperatures will be in the 70s.

Forecasters say the last weekend in March will be very spring-like in North Texas with warm temperatures and mostly clear skies.

Join the Discussion

Fort Worth Star-Telegram is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQ | Terms of Service