4 Burleson teens burned when gasoline ignites
11/27/2013 5:39 PM
11/27/2013 5:40 PM
BURLESON Four teenagers were burned Wednesday afternoon after pouring gasoline and lighting it, a city spokeswoman said.
The four were taken to Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas. Two were taken by helicopter ambulance, including an 18-year-old who was in critical condition, according to a news release from spokeswoman Sally Ellertson.
Two whose injuries were not life-threatening were taken by ground ambulance, Ellertson said
The 18-year-old, a 17-year-old and two 13-year-olds were pouring out the gasoline in the back yard of a residence in the 400 block of Southeast Gardens Boulevard about 4:30 p.m.
“It’s likely that neighbors heard the can pop, and it was loud enough so that they called the fire department,” Ellertson said.
No structures caught fire.
Mitch Mitchell, 817-390-7752
Join the Discussion
Fort Worth Star-Telegram is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.