A man was taken by helicopter early Monday afternoon to Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas after he was burned by a grease fire in southeast Fort Worth, authorities said.
Firefighters were called at 12:42 p.m. to a reported structure fire in the 3000 block of Pheasant Glen Drive in southwest Fort Worth.
The fire was put out by a neighbor before firefighters arrived, said Battalion Chief Richard Harrison, spokesman for the Fort Worth Fire Department.
“But,” he said, “an adult male suffered second-degree burns over an estimated 20 percent of his body — left arm, stomach and leg.”
Never miss a local story.
The burns, Harrison said, resulted from “a grease fire while cooking.”
“MedStar and CareFlite were requested to the scene, and the patient was eventually transported to Parkland via CareFlite,” Harrison said.
The man’s medical condition could not be determined Monday afternoon.