There's already similar-fare competition across the street at Pollo Tropical and an El Pollo Loco is under construction. But what sets the San Antonio-based Taco Cabana apart from its competitors is its Mexican patio cafe atmosphere, which is well-suited for the Texas heat. Here are 5 new ways to enjoy Taco Cabana:
1. A new look: The new location at 2301 North Tarrant Parkway in Fort Worth has a new modern look with its signature patio style incorporated inside the restaurant. Lights strung on ceiling beams give a festive, outdoor atmosphere in the air-conditioned indoor dining area. For the patio aficionado, there's still a patio outside at the new location.
Never miss a local story.
2. A new drink: Try the new Jalapeño-infused Guava Margarita, which is available through the end of July. It's got just a little bit of a kick — not to sweet, not to sour — from a blend of tequila, guava and jalapeño. Quench your thirst during Happy Hour. From 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. daily, get your choice of a margarita or domestic beer and personal bean and cheese nachos for only $3 (Dine-in only, plus tax).
3. A new salsa: The unlimited salsa bar is always a must try, but you need to spice things up with the new Salsa de Arbol! It's a mixture of chiles de arbol, chipotle chiles, jalapeños, roasted tomatoes, tomatillos, cilantro, garlic and fresh lime juice. It gives a nice, smoky spice to any dish.
4. A new beef: The sizzling fajita skillet has always been good, but now it's super tasty because it's served with USDA choice Texas beef.
5. A new way to order: If you need a quick, pick-me-up dinner, try the free Taco Cabana mobile app, available in the App store or Google Play. Just order from the app and pick up at the restaurant. Don't have a smart phone? Order from your desktop at TacoCabana.com/orderonline If you're dining in, you can stay connected with free Wi-Fi at participating locations.
Got any more TC tips? Add to comments.