It's the sweetest time of the year -- time for our annual Peeps diorama contest!
2012 marks the sixth year that we are asking you, our wacky readers, to get crazy-creative with those colorful marshmallow candies. We can hardly wait to see what you peeps come up with!
The winners of our contest will appear in the Life & Arts section, as usual, on Easter Sunday, April 8.
More information on prizes and online voting is to come, but here are the rules of the contest to help you get started. (Please read them all. Entries that don't follow the rules will be disqualified.)
1. Make a diorama (a miniature 3-D model) using Peeps. Other materials also are permitted. (Hint: The ones that win are the ones that use Peeps most creatively.)
2. The base of each entry cannot exceed 3 feet by 2 feet. They must be able to be carried up and down stairs (no wheels, please). Make sure all materials are securely fastened.
3. Each person entering can work on only one entry.
4. Include creators' names, ages, addresses and phone numbers, as well as an e-mail address.
5. Dioramas will not be returned. Also note that winning dioramas may be shown on the Just Born Peeps website.
6. If you are winner, you agree to have your name and photo in the Star-Telegram, its websites and social-media sites.
7. Entrants must live in North Texas.
Deadline: Entries are due to the Star-Telegram's front entrance (808 Throckmorton St., Fort Worth) March 26. No exceptions. Contestants may arrange for someone else to drop off the diorama, as long as the creator's contact information is attached.
Note: Star-Telegram employees and their immediate families are not eligible.
Questions: 817-390-7852; firstname.lastname@example.org.