A baby and four adults were transported to a Dallas hospital after they became ill when a lighted barbecue grill was moved into a Grand Prairie home for warmth, a fire official said Sunday.
They were taken to Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas with non-life threatening injuries, authorities said.
Two Grand Prairie firefighters complained of headaches when they went through the house in the 900 block of Windbrook Drive in Grand Prairie, authorities said. They were being treated at a Grand Prairie fire station.
The incident was reported shortly after 8 p.m. Sunday.
Never miss a local story.
Grand Prairie Fire Battalion Chief Cal Timpf said that people had been cooking on the grill in the garage of the home.
“When they finished cooking, it was still a cold night,” Timpf said. “So they moved the grill inside of the house.”
Domingo Ramirez Jr., 817-390-7763