Three people face charges of providing alcohol to minors who attended an after-prom party in a downtown Dallas hotel where an 18-year-old student died of alcohol poisoning.
Jonathan Sierra, a senior at Skyline High School, is believed to have died from acute alcohol poisoning in the early morning hours of May 1 after the party held at the Aloft Hotel, according to a news release from the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission.
Malissa Cheng, 54, is accused of selling two cases of beer to a 17-year-old boy at Trinity Drive-In Grocery in Dallas on April 30, according to the arrest warrant affidavit.
Cheng was arrested May 19 and faces a charge of selling alcohol to a minor, according to the release.
Never miss a local story.
Jose Pulido, 27, allegedly bought two bottles of liquor and gave them to his underage brother for the after-prom party that Sierra attended, the release stated.
A third suspect, who has only been identified as a 24-year-old male, faces a charge of providing alcohol to a minor after he allegedly bought two bottles of alcohol and gave them to his 18-year-old cousin, who took the bottles to the after-party Sierra attended. He has not been arrested at this time and is said to be still at large.
An investigation by the Dallas Police Department and the TABC found that the hotel or its employees did not provide any alcohol to the minors.
A charge of selling alcohol to minors is a misdemeanor and carries a maximum punishment of up to a year in jail and a fine of $4,000, the release stated.
Sierra was set to graduate high school this month.