▪ Kids can participate in story time and a related activity 11 a.m. June 18 at the River Legacy Living Science Center, 703 N.W. Green Oaks Blvd., Arlington. Register by calling 817-860-6752. At 10 a.m., join a beginner’s adult yoga class; bring mat and water bottle. It’s $5. riverlegacy.org.
▪ It’s a busy week at the Fort Worth Nature Center and Refuge, starting with a citizen science program on native turtle species, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. June 18. At 1 and 3 p.m., kids learn to fold an origami frog.
Noon to 4 p.m. June 19, the refuge will have Canoe Fest. It’s first come, first served and $5 with paid admission. Canoes, paddles and floatation devices are provided. Children must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
Kids can make a screech owl nesting box from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. June 19, as well as learn about the species and tour the bird-feeding yard.
Never miss a local story.
The refuge’s Full Moon Paddle will begin at 8 p.m. June 20. Canoes, paddles and floatation devices are provided. Registration required; it’s $20 with a maximum of 12 participants.
A night hike ($10 with paid admission) will begin at 8:30 p.m. June 23, and the preschool discovery club meets at 10:30 a.m. June 24. It’s $8 per child/parent.
Admission to the refuge is $2-$5. 9601 Fossil Ridge Road, Fort Worth. 817-392-7410; www.fwnaturecenter.org
▪ Pollinators work hard in the garden. Learn how to attract bees, birds, butterflies and more during a weeklong series of plant talks and activities at the Marshall Grain store, 3525 William D. Tate Ave., Grapevine, 817-416-6600. The first talk, at 10:30 a.m. June 20, is about salvias. Check the schedule at www.marshallgrain.com/events.
▪ Michael Smith, president of the Crosstimbers Connection, will present “Reptiles and Amphibians of the Southwest Nature Preserve,” at 7 p.m. June 21 at the Community Room at the West Arlington Police Station, 2060 W. Green Oaks Blvd., Arlington. www.swnp.org
▪ Get your gardening questions answered with a call to the Tarrant County Master Gardener Association help desk, 817-884-1944. Hours are 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
▪ Johnson County Master Gardeners also answer gardening questions and give advice 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Fridays. Call the Johnson County Extension Office at 817-556-6370 and ask to speak to a master gardener.
Mark your calendar …
For the Fort Worth Bonsai Society’s annual show and sale, June 25-26 at the Fort Worth Botanic Garden, 3220 Botanic Garden Blvd. 817-392-5510; fwbg.org.