▪ Attend the eighth annual Art in the Garden, part of Gallery Night, 9 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturday and 1-4 p.m. Sunday at the Deborah Beggs Moncrief Garden Center of the Fort Worth Botanic Garden, 3220 Botanic Garden Blvd. An artists’ reception will be 4-6 p.m. Saturday. Visitors can vote for the People’s Choice Award.
▪ Rain barrels purchased from the Botanical Research Institute of Texas and the city of Fort Worth may be picked up 9 a.m.- noon Saturday at BRIT. www.rainbarrelprogram.org/britfortworth.
▪ Attend a free composting workshop led by master composter and gardener Charlie Shiner, 10-11:30 a.m. Saturday on the third floor of Southlake Town Hall, 1400 Main St. For more information, contact the Bob Jones Nature Center, 817-491-6333 or www.bjnc.org.
▪ Bring the family to the annual W.A.T.E.R. (Water Awareness Through Education and Recreation) Festival held 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday at the River Legacy Living Science Center, 703 N.W. Green Oaks Blvd., Arlington. Activities include water music, experiments and quality testing. Kids can make fish prints, windsocks and rain gauges. www.riverlegacy.org.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Take the Deer Mouse Trail hike along the West Fork of the Trinity River at 1 p.m. Saturday at the Fort Worth Nature Center and Refuge. And 1-3 p.m. Sunday, kids can learn about freshwater fish of North Texas and make fish prints at the nature center. Both programs are free with paid admission ($2-$5). The refuge is at 9601 Fossil Ridge Road, Fort Worth. 817-392-7410; www.fwnaturecenter.org.
▪ Learn about tough, easy-to-grow daylilies during a meeting of the North Texas Daylily Society at 7:30 p.m. Thursday in the Camellia Room of the Deborah Beggs Moncrief Garden Center of the Fort Worth Botanic Garden, 3220 Botanic Garden Blvd. A potluck supper will be served. www.northtexasdaylilysociety
▪ Get your gardening questions answered with a call to the Tarrant County Master Gardener Association help desk, 817-884-1944. Hours are 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
▪ Johnson County Master Gardeners also answer gardening questions and give advice 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Fridays. Call the Johnson County Extension Office at 817-556-6370 and ask to speak to a master gardener.