If only Life in the Real World could be like Life at the Beach:
- Responsibilities are narrowed down to sunscreen, food and sleep.
- Worries are whittled away to the weather, the arrival time of the ice cream truck and the lines for the Boardwalk Rides.
- Laundry is reduced to swim suits, towels and t-shirts....a family of four is done with one load!
- Cleaning and dusting cede to the inevitable sand-in-everything litmus test.
- Grocery store runs can be done, on foot, daily, with only what you can easily carry, yourself.
- The TV is off. The Wii is absent. The iPad is used, only to look up the times for High and Low Tides.
- There is a bakery, one block away, with warm, gooey cinnamon rolls, ready at 7:30 am, every morning.
- Many, many, many, books are read...by humans, ages 5, 8 and up!
- Chinese Checkers competition reaches Olympic levels.
- Flags always blow in the wind, light sweatshirts are often needed in the evenings and sleep means real rest.
Alas, back to the Real World, we are, dreaming of the next time at the Beach...