Want to see the animals at the zoo but skip the monsters on the freeway this spring break? Consider hopping aboard one of the Safari Shuttles that will be available beginning Monday.
The Fort Worth Transportation Authority operates the Safari Shuttle each year, for those who want to visit the Fort Worth Zoo without dealing with freeway gridlock and parking lot madness.
This year the shuttles will operate Monday through Saturday (March 14-19).
How to ride:
1. Get yourself to the Intermodal Transportation Center at 1001 Jones St. in downtown Fort Worth. Options include driving and parking at a nearby lot or metered spot, taking the bus or even taking the Trinity Railway Express.
2. If you bought a train fare, the Safari Shuttle trip is free. Otherwise, round trip fares are $3 for adults, $1.50 for seniors and children 5-18. Children under 5 are free.
3. Shuttles will operate every 30 minutes, 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Riders will be dropped off at Colonial Parkway, a short walk from the zoo entrance.
4. The zoo is open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Admission is $12 for adults, $9 for seniors and children (ages 3 to 12), and toddlers 2 and under are free. Wednesday's are half price.
5. For more information, call the T's customer service line at 817-215-8600 or visit www.The-T.com or www.fortworthzoo.org.
Gordon Dickson, firstname.lastname@example.org twitter/gdickson