In addition to all the other roles that a mom “gets” to serve as (chef, teacher, housekeeper, chauffeur…) – while home decorator and gardener often gets to be one of them. However, research often only happens when thumbing through magazines at the doctor’s office or catching a few minutes of the DIY Channel while folding laundry. Fortunately, creating your dream home and garden gets one step closer with a specialty event brings “Mommy, Me and H&G” for one afternoon!
Moms and the kiddos are invited to spend a few hours as special guests of the 32nd Annual Spring Dallas Home & Garden Show, Friday, March 4, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Dallas Market Hall. What a perfect mommy date to catch up with friends or a field trip with the playgroup while knocking off some of your spring to-do’s including saving money, relaxing, entertaining the kids, gardening tips and a swag bag!
The Mommy & Me event includes the following:
- FREE admission ($10 value) and free parking
- a swag bag, with one (maybe two) lucky mom(s) discovering a $50 Tom Thumb gift card in the bag
- relax in the Mommy lounge
- enjoy Radio Disney ‘s “Mommy and Stroller Rockin’ Road Show”
- qualify for hourly door prizes including a hand-made quilt and limited edition signed art-piece with a NEW patented wireless sound system or a unique wine rack.
- learn at DYI how-to seminars by Master Faux Finisher Michael Graves and Home Depot Experts
- discover professional interior decorating hints from Barbara Gilbert, CPD, Barbara Gilbert Interiors
- meet NARI’s Smart Solutions for Your Home experts
- stroll the many gardens and buy plants to take home
- shop exhibitors, many with special show prices
- gain tips for getting “Groceries Dirt Cheap” from Ruth Garrett groceriesdirtcheap.com
- receive a two-for-one ticket to return with a family member during the remainder of the show.
Never miss a local story.
So what's your excuse for spending time with your friends and kiddos, while getting ideas for your home and garden and doing it for free?