In addition to all the other roles that a mom “gets” to serve as (chef, teacher, housekeeper, chauffeur…) – while home decorator and gardener often gets to be one of them. However, research often only happens when thumbing through magazines at the doctor’s office or catching a few minutes of the DIY Channel while folding laundry. Fortunately, creating your dream home and garden gets one step closer with a specialty event brings “Mommy, Me and H&G” for one afternoon!
Moms and the kiddos are invited to spend a few hours as special guests of the 32nd Annual Spring Dallas Home & Garden Show, Friday, March 4, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Dallas Market Hall. What a perfect mommy date to catch up with friends or a field trip with the playgroup while knocking off some of your spring to-do’s including saving money, relaxing, entertaining the kids, gardening tips and a swag bag!
The Mommy & Me event includes the following:
- FREE admission ($10 value) and free parking
- a swag bag, with one (maybe two) lucky mom(s) discovering a $50 Tom Thumb gift card in the bag
- relax in the Mommy lounge
- enjoy Radio Disney ‘s “Mommy and Stroller Rockin’ Road Show”
- qualify for hourly door prizes including a hand-made quilt and limited edition signed art-piece with a NEW patented wireless sound system or a unique wine rack.
- learn at DYI how-to seminars by Master Faux Finisher Michael Graves and Home Depot Experts
- discover professional interior decorating hints from Barbara Gilbert, CPD, Barbara Gilbert Interiors
- meet NARI’s Smart Solutions for Your Home experts
- stroll the many gardens and buy plants to take home
- shop exhibitors, many with special show prices
- gain tips for getting “Groceries Dirt Cheap” from Ruth Garrett groceriesdirtcheap.com
- receive a two-for-one ticket to return with a family member during the remainder of the show.
So what's your excuse for spending time with your friends and kiddos, while getting ideas for your home and garden and doing it for free?