Give your Easter table a little sparke with this festive and easy project.
Best for ages 4 and up.
- Styrofoam eggs'
- Craft paint
- Foam brushes
- Paper plates or bowls
- Glass container
- With a foam brush to paint the egg with a base color of craft paint. You want your paint to be a shade of the glitter you plan to use. Let dry.
- Pour glitter in paper plate or bowl.
- With a foam brush coat egg with glue.
- Roll egg generously in glitter. Let Dry.
- Repeat all steps for each egg.
- Place eggs in bowl or vase to display.
Diorama sugar eggs are one of my fondest memories of Easter. Here's a fun and simple craft you can make with the kids that they won't be tempted to eat.
Best for ages 4 and up.
Supplies (available at local craft stores)
- Paper Mache eggs
- Craft paint (Light blue and light yellow)
- White Glitter
- Paper plates
- Easter Grass
- Peel and stick 3-D flowers
- 1 Pink and 1 white pipe cleaners
- 2 White pom-poms
- Black paper
- Low temperate glue gun
- Craft knife
- On the front of the paper mache egg draw a smaller egg shape as a guide for cutout.
- Parents Only: Use craft knife to cutout hole in egg. It may take several strokes of the knife to score the cutout depending on the thickness of the egg.
- With a foam brush, paint the inside of egg sky blue. Let Dry.
With a foam brush, paint the outside of egg light yellow. Let Dry.
- Pour glitter on paper plate.
- With a foam brush, coat the outside of egg with glue.
- Roll outside of egg in generously in glitter. Let dry.
- With a foam brush, coat the inside of the egg with glue.
- Sprinkle inside of egg generously with glitter. Let dry.
- Place Easter grass in the bottom of the egg.
- Decorate outside of egg with peel and stick flowers
- For the head and body of bunny, have a parent glue two white pom-poms together with low temperature glue gun (I've found thatwhite glue doesn’t work as well with pipe cleaners, felt and pom-poms. Using the glue gun will decrease drying time dramatically).
- With a parents help cut pink pipe cleaners and fashion bunny ears and feet. Use white pipe cleaners for bunny arms.
- These do not have to be exact. Just to scale of the pom-poms purchased.
- Cut two eyes out of black paper.
- Have parent glue on ears, feet, arms and eyes with low temperature glue gun.
- Place bunny on grass inside egg and display.
Projects and photos by Heather Witherspoon featured blogger for mom2momdfw.com