Whether we like it or not healthcare reform has come to America. I for one, am delighted to see the signing of our new healthcare bill, especially for all of the nation's children who go without quality care. It's undeniable that this bill is historic and every person in this country will be affected in one way or another. As for the media attention that is swarming around this historic change there have been truths, untruths, and everything in between. Here are just a few ways that healthcare reform could be good for our kiddos.....
- insurance companies will be prohibited from denying coverage to kids with pre-existing conditions.
- Insurance companies will no longer place lifetime caps on policies or drop a patient if they get sick.
- Insurance companies will be required to pay for preventive services, including medical procedures as vaccines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control.
- For parents of older kids, you now will be able to keep them on your insurance until they are 26 years old.
- The Children's Health Insurance Program, which helps lower-income families, will be maintained in its current condition, even by states that are looking to cut costs.
Never miss a local story.