From Summer to Fall- 5 Tips on How to Transition your Kids Wardrobe
11/01/2011 1:45 PM
11/01/2011 1:45 PM
One day last week, I awoke to unexpected surprise...cold weather. If you are anything like me you absolutely hate to be caught off guard with season changes, especially when you are unprepared. As a mom there is nothing worse than putting your kids in their coat from last year only to realize...it doesn't fit. Scrapping together outfits to ensure kids are warm is really important but with the ever changing weather spending a lot on cold weather wear my prove to be unnecessary. Here are 5 easy and inexpensive ways to stretch your summer wardrobe right on into winter.
1. Layer - This is my #1 trick for stretching my kids wardrobes. I generally purchase henelys, thermals, and any other long sleeve shirt I can find that is great for layering. Once the cold weather hits, I just add one of these shirts in any color under t-shirts, polos, or sweaters and there you have it snug as a bug.
2. Tights, Tights, and more Tights - I cannot tell you how many pairs of tights my girls have. Every color, style, and pattern you can imagine. They are the perfect piece for fall and can be worn under dresses, skirts, and even under shorts.
3. Roll up pants- Those cute little pants with the button that we purchase in the spring...i refer to them as capris for girls and manpris for boys, well undo that little button and guess what you have pants. Layer with tights or thermals for particularly cold days these can prove to be a great resource when trying to stay warm on those cold school days,
4. Vests- Nothing says layer like a great vest. The are also one of the season's hottest new accessories. Pair them with jeans or skirts for girls and they are the go anywhere piece not to mention they can be worn any time of year.
5. Boots - Boots used to be a cold weather wear shoe...that was before wearing them with shorts and skirts became popular. The truth is most kids probably have boots in their closet from the summer and spring. Well lets keep that trend going, boots no matter what the season are a great additive to any outfit. Wear them tall, short, colorful or cowboy boots will always make a statement.
Fall right into that winter wardrobe with these wonderful tips. Don't forget to add those hats, gloves, and scarves as needed. After the summer we have had I am looking forward to what the winter will bring.
Make it a great Mommy day and visit me at @tiffulcher-twitter or www.tiffanyfulcher.org
Editor's Choice Videos
Join the Discussion
Fort Worth Star-Telegram is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.