Stubborn fire burns discarded plastic at Mansfield company

Posted Friday, Jul. 04, 2014  comments  Print Reprints
A

Have more to add? News tip? Tell us

A fire that started on piles of discarded plastic near a Mansfield company burned for almost two hours Friday before firefighters extinguished the blazed, a fire official said.

Firefighters took almost two hours to knock out the fire in a lot just outside of Spectrum Polymers, 600 Justice Lane.

No injuries were reported, as the company was closed for the day. No buildings were damaged.

“The fire was outside of the company, and it was plastic trash,” said Mansfield Fire Chief Barry Bondurant. “But there was a lot of fire and smoke.”

Smoke could be seen for miles in many locations of southwest Tarrant County.

Firefighters responded after a patrol officer spotted smoke at the business about 9:30 a.m.

Bondurant said Friday’s fire was the second in 14 years at the company. The other was caused by lightning, he said.

Domingo Ramirez Jr., 817-390-7763 Twitter: @mingoramirezjr

Looking for comments?

We welcome your comments on this story, but please be civil. Do not use profanity, hate speech, threats, personal abuse or any device to draw undue attention. Our policy requires those wishing to post here to use their real identity.

Our commenting policy | Facebook commenting FAQ | Why Facebook?