Teen died of smoke inhalation in Colleyville fire, medical examiner rules

Posted Thursday, Jun. 26, 2014  comments  Print Reprints
A

Have more to add? News tip? Tell us

A teenager killed early Tuesday in a Colleyville house fire died of smoke inhalation and carbon monoxide, the Tarrant County medical examiner reported Thursday.

The body of Tylar Batchelor, 17, was found in a bathroom at the home. The manner of death has not been determined, according to the medical examiner’s website.

Batchelor had been staying with her brother at the residence in the 3500 block Blue Quail Lane, according to the Cleburne Times-Review.

She would have been a senior at Burleson’s Centennial High School.

Her dog Roxy also died, according to a Youcaring.com website set up to raise money for her family.

The fire started in a storage area on the back patio where chemicals, including some for the swimming pool, were stored, a Colleyville city spokeswoman said Wednesday. Authorities say there was no evidence the fire was intentionally started.

Batchelor was seen going upstairs about 10:30 p.m., officials said. The fire was reported just after 1 a.m.

The teen’s brother, a woman and a baby escaped uninjured, officials said.

Gordon Dickson, 817-390-7796 Twitter: @gdickson

Looking for comments?

We welcome your comments on this story, but please be civil. Do not use profanity, hate speech, threats, personal abuse or any device to draw undue attention. Our policy requires those wishing to post here to use their real identity.

Our commenting policy | Facebook commenting FAQ | Why Facebook?