Grease fire burns man in southeast Fort Worth

Posted Monday, Jun. 02, 2014  comments  Print Reprints
A

Have more to add? News tip? Tell us

A man was taken by helicopter early Monday afternoon to Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas after he was burned by a grease fire in southeast Fort Worth, authorities said.

Firefighters were called at 12:42 p.m. to a reported structure fire in the 3000 block of Pheasant Glen Drive in southwest Fort Worth.

The fire was put out by a neighbor before firefighters arrived, said Battalion Chief Richard Harrison, spokesman for the Fort Worth Fire Department.

“But,” he said, “an adult male suffered second-degree burns over an estimated 20 percent of his body — left arm, stomach and leg.”

The burns, Harrison said, resulted from “a grease fire while cooking.”

“MedStar and CareFlite were requested to the scene, and the patient was eventually transported to Parkland via CareFlite,” Harrison said.

The man’s medical condition could not be determined Monday afternoon.

Bill Miller, 817-390-7684 Twitter: @Bill_MillerST

Looking for comments?

We welcome your comments on this story, but please be civil. Do not use profanity, hate speech, threats, personal abuse or any device to draw undue attention. Our policy requires those wishing to post here to use their real identity.

Our commenting policy | Facebook commenting FAQ | Why Facebook?