Electrical problem blamed in fire that destroyed Fort Worth offices

Posted Thursday, Jan. 09, 2014  comments  Print Reprints
A

Have more to add? News tip? Tell us

An electrical problem ignited a fast-spreading fire early Thursday that heavily damaged a strip shopping center near South Freeway, a fire official said. No injuries were reported.

The fire was reported shortly before 1 a.m. at Metro Insurance in the 6900 block of South Freeway.

Firefighters found heavy fire and smoke that spread to nearby businesses, fire Capt. Tom Crow said in a news release. The blaze was under control by 1:20 a.m.

Investigators determined that an electrical malfunction occurred inside the insurance office, and the fire was ruled an accident, Crow said.

An employee at Brilliant Minds Learning Center, near the insurance office, said Thursday that fire officials had cleared it to reopen.

Domingo Ramirez Jr., 817-390-7763 Twitter: @mingoramirezjr

Looking for comments?

We welcome your comments on this story, but please be civil. Do not use profanity, hate speech, threats, personal abuse or any device to draw undue attention. Our policy requires those wishing to post here to use their real identity.

Our commenting policy | Facebook commenting FAQ | Why Facebook?