Murder charges dismissed against Springtown woman

Posted Monday, Dec. 23, 2013  comments  Print Reprints
A

Have more to add? News tip? Tell us

After additional information supported a Springtown woman's claim of self-defense, murder charges against her were dismissed last week.

Roni Catherine Lisenbe, 33, had been indicted for murder in the March shooting of Richard Graves, 38 in their Springtown area home. Parker County Sheriff's deputies responded to the couple's home when Lisenbe called 911 and reported that she had shot Graves, who had moved in with her a few months previously.

When she spoke with investigators, Lisenbe claimed that, leading up to the shooting, Graves had assaulted her, physically prevented her from leaving, and knocked a phone out of her hand. She said that, at the time of the shooting, Graves was reaching for the pistol that was in her hand.

"Since there was no one at the home other than Lisenbe and Graves," said Parker County District Attorney Don Schnebly. "We had only one version of what happened, and the circumstantial evidence didn't clearly disprove or corroborate some of Lisenbe's assertions. However, after indictment, she consulted with her attorney and agreed to take a polygraph.”

Schnebly said the results of that polygraph examination indicated that she was being truthful about assertions that supported her self-defense claim.

"It is our job as prosecutors to see that justice is done,” Schnebly added. “In this case, I believe that means not prosecuting this individual.”

Looking for comments?

We welcome your comments on this story, but please be civil. Do not use profanity, hate speech, threats, personal abuse, images, internet links or any device to draw undue attention. Our policy requires those wishing to post here to use their real identity.

Our commenting policy | Facebook commenting FAQ | Why Facebook?