Woman connected to veterinarian’s slaying in Saginaw arrested again

Posted Thursday, Oct. 10, 2013  comments  Print Reprints

Have more to add? News tip? Tell us

A Euless woman accused of not reporting the slaying of a Grapevine veterinarian has been arrested by police who were looking for her because she missed a September court hearing.

Heather Thompson, 22, was arrested Tuesday evening by Watauga police, said Melody McDonald, a spokeswoman for the Tarrant County district attorney’s office.

Thompson was in the Tarrant County Jail Thursday night with bail set at $20,000.

She was first arrested in March during an investigation into the death of veterinarian Deidra Blackmon, who was shot as she drove friends home after a party in the Fort Worth Stockyards.

Thompson was released from jail after posting $10,000 bail. Last month, however, after she didn’t show up for a court hearing, a judge issued an arrest warrant and U.S. marshals set out to find her, McDonald said.

Watauga police, knowing the task force was looking for Thompson, stopped her Tuesday in a car near a motel where she had been known to stay, McDonald said.

Thompson was booked into jail facing charges of failure to identify (Watauga police said she gave them a false name) and tampering with a governmental record (police said she had a false driver’s license), McDonald said.

On Thursday, jail records did not yet list a “failure to appear in court” charge. McDonald said charges could be added later.

On March 3, authorities have said, Blackmon, 33, tried to defuse a tense situation in a convenience store parking lot after one of her passengers vomited near a car parked nearby after a night of drinking in the Fort Worth Stockyards. The female passenger in the other car was upset that she couldn’t get into the vehicle, which was driven by a man, according to arrest warrant affidavits. That woman was later identified as Thompson.

Minutes later, Blackmon was fatally shot as she drove on East Bailey Boswell Road in Saginaw.

Thompson’s boyfriend, Jeffery Hansana, 25, has acknowledged being the driver of the car and shooting at Blackmon’s car, according to affidavits.

Hansana has been charged with murder and remained in the Tarrant County Jail Thursday with bail set at $250,000.

Bill Miller, 817-390-7684 Twitter: @Bill_MillerST

Looking for comments?

We welcome your comments on this story, but please be civil. Do not use profanity, hate speech, threats, personal abuse or any device to draw undue attention. Our policy requires those wishing to post here to use their real identity.

Our commenting policy | Facebook commenting FAQ | Why Facebook?