Gas leak near kitchen forces evacuation at Grapevine High

Posted Thursday, Oct. 10, 2013  comments  Print Reprints
A

Have more to add? News tip? Tell us

A gas leak in a mechanical room near the kitchen in Grapevine High School forced an hourlong evacuation of all students and staff Thursday morning.

The leak was discovered shortly after 10 a.m., said Megan Overman, communications director for the Grapevine-Colleyville school district.

Gas supply to the building was shut off and the fire department surveyed the school for nearly an hour.

At 11 a.m. the all-clear was given from fire officials and students and staff re-entered the building.

The school’s library is closed for the entire day as the fire department continues to monitor that area.

Overman said 2,100 students are enrolled at Grapevine High School.

Nick Dean, 817-390-7856 Twitter: @bynickdean

Looking for comments?

Grapevine High School, Grapevine, TX
Loading map ...

We welcome your comments on this story, but please be civil. Do not use profanity, hate speech, threats, personal abuse or any device to draw undue attention. Our policy requires those wishing to post here to use their real identity.

Our commenting policy | Facebook commenting FAQ | Why Facebook?