Weatherford College’s main campus was evacuated shortly around 3:15 p.m. Tuesday after a gas leak was discovered across the street in the College Park Shopping Center.No immediate danger was posed to students or staff at the college but evening classes were canceled as a precaution. “The compromised gas line is NOT on the college campus, but in the interest of safety, the WCPD has ordered the evacuation,” a post on the WC Facebook page read.Brent Baker, WC Vice President of Institutional Advancement, said in a phone interview that the campus was notified by the Weatherford Fire Department of the leak in the southwest corner of the shopping center and that because of the proximity to several classrooms, the decision was made to send students and staff home and close the campus. “It took about 24 minutes to clear everyone out,” Baker said. “But because Coyote Village was far enough away [from the site of the leak], we didn’t evacuate the dorms.” Baker credited the Coyote Alert system in helping get the word out to students, faculty and staff as to what was going on. The campus, located at 225 College Park Drive, remained closed for the night and Baker said they were still awaiting clearance from the Weatherford Fire Department as to if they would be able to open Wednesday. Baker said any updates to information would be posted on the College’s website (www.wc.edu) and on its Facebook page and Twitter account.