Skillet paella with shrimp and tomatoes
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 5 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
• 2 ounces dried chorizo, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
• 1/4 cup dry white wine
• 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
• 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
• 3/4 pound large shrimp (31 to 35), peeled and deveined (tails left on, if desired)
• 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
• Coarse salt and pepper
1. In a large skillet, heat oil and garlic over medium. Cook until garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in rice and chorizo and cook until rice is translucent, about 3 minutes.
2. Add wine and cook, stirring, until evaporated, about 2 minutes. Add broth and tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook until rice is tender and most of liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
3. Stir in shrimp and peas, cover, and cook until shrimp is opaque throughout, about 6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutritional information per serving: 436 calories, 17 grams fat (4 grams saturated fat), 39 grams carbohydrates, 27 grams protein, 2 grams fiber, 35 percent of calories from fat.