North Texans should keep the shorts and sandals out for a day or two more, until a cold front turns summer into fall this weekend.An ozone alert has been issued for today by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality. Temperatures will be in the mid-90s under sunny skies.Forecasters say it will be 90 degrees Friday as south winds bring in moisture from the Gulf of Mexico. This weekend, we’ll get a soaking ahead of a cold front expected to arrive late Saturday.“Some isolated showers could be around Saturday morning, but our best chances will be Saturday afternoon and evening,” said meteorologist Jesse Moore of the National Weather Service office in Fort Worth.Rainfall totals though Monday could be from 1 to 2 inches in Tarrant and counties to the south. Residents to the northwest of Tarrant County should see rainfall totals of more than an inch. There’s a 60 percent chance of rain Saturday.High temperatures should be in the mid-80s.There’s still a 40 percent chance of rain Sunday, when the high could be only 80 degrees.Temperatures for the first week of autumn have been rather warm in North Texas, but Moore said highs next week will be in the mid-80s, with morning lows in the 60s.
Domingo Ramirez Jr., 817-390-7763 Twitter: @mingoramirezjr