Two found dead in Denton County may have been overcome by gas fumes, officials say

Posted Monday, Jun. 10, 2013  comments  Print Reprints
A

Have more to add? News tip? Tell us

Investigators suspect that two rural Denton County residents who were found dead Monday may have been overcome with gas fumes, possibly from propane, authorities reported.

Amrit Lall, 68, and Sandra Schultz, 49, were found in the bathroom of their home in the 9200 block of Clear Drive in an unincorporated area north of Denton, said Sandi Brackeen, a spokeswoman for the Denton County Sheriff’s Department.

A neighbor went to the house “to check on one of the victims who had not shown up for work,” Brackeen said.

Lall was found on the floor and Schultz was in the shower, the Tarrant County medical examiner’s office reported. The office did not list the cause of death.

“There was a strong smell of gas, possibly propane, which had been detected, filling the house,” Brackeen wrote in a news release. “Fire department personnel had to air out the house before entry could be made for an investigation.”

Brackeen said there were no signs of trauma to either body. But, she noted, autopsies would be performed “to determine the exact cause of death for both.”

Bill Miller, 817-390-7684 Twitter: @Bill_MillerST

Looking for comments?

We welcome your comments on this story, but please be civil. Do not use profanity, hate speech, threats, personal abuse or any device to draw undue attention. Our policy requires those wishing to post here to use their real identity.

Our commenting policy | Facebook commenting FAQ | Why Facebook?