OK, peeps, the time has come to show us your work!Monday and Tuesday are the days to bring your Peeps contest entries to our offices for judging.Please read this carefully because there will be NO exceptions.Entries are due to the Star-Telegram's front entrance (808 Throckmorton St., Fort Worth, in the Star-Telegram building) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday and Tuesday.Please enter the lobby through the glass double-doors near the intersection of Seventh and Throckmorton streets; this entrance is clearly marked "Star-Telegram." If you enter from any other part of the building, you may not be able to get to the lobby.There are a limited number of parking spots around our building. There is a paid garage next door, and there are several paid lots nearby, too. (The best idea is for one person to drive and another person to hop out and drop off the entry.)Contestants may arrange for someone else to drop off the diorama, as long as the creator's contact information (as outlined below) is attached.Simply leave your diorama on a table in the lobby; there's no need to alert or call anyone. Do make sure that the creators' information is attached.What happens then?As in years past, judges will pick the finalists, and then readers will have the chance to vote for their favorites Friday through March 25 at Star-Telegram.com to determine the winners.The winners of our contest will appear in the Life & Arts section and on Star-Telegram.com on Easter Sunday, March 31.One grand-prize winner will win a package of Peeps-themed merchandise worth $100 from Just Born, the Peeps company. Second- and third-place winners will receive Just Born prize packs worth $50 and $25, respectively.
What are the rules again?
Please read them all. Entries that don't follow the rules will be disqualified.
1. Make a diorama (a miniature 3-D model) using Peeps. Other materials also are permitted. (Hint: The ones that win are the ones that use Peeps most creatively.)
2. The base of each entry cannot exceed 3 feet by 2 feet. Entries must be able to be carried up and down stairs (no wheels, please). Make sure all materials are securely fastened.
3. Each person entering can work on only one entry.
4. Include on the entry the creators' names, ages, addresses and phone numbers, as well as an email address. Age will be taken into consideration when the judges choose the finalists. You may also include, in 100 words or fewer, a few sentences about the creation of the diorama.
5. Dioramas will not be returned. Also note that winning dioramas may be shown on the Just Born "Peeps" website.
6. If you are a winner, you agree to have your name and photo in the Star-Telegram, and on its websites and social-media sites.
7. Entrants must live in North Texas.
8. Entries must be received by the deadline to be eligible for consideration.
Note: Star-Telegram employees and their immediate families are not eligible.