'); } -->
These annual Super Bowl trivia quizzes grow more difficult each year. Not only is an extra year of history added before the next Big Game, but we've also had another year for our memories to lose more and more pertinent Super Bowl trivia. Against those mounting challenges, we wish you the best of luck with these 25 questions:
1. Who are the seven Dallas Cowboys to be named Super Bowl MVP or co-MVP?
2. Four current NFL teams have not played in a Super Bowl. Which are they?
3. What Super Bowl was the first to supplant the final episode of M*A*S* H (which aired in 1983) as the most-watched program in U.S. television history?
4. What is the most-watched Super Bowl ever?
5. Five pairs of teams have met each other multiple times in a Super Bowl. Name them.
6. What team has appeared in the most Super Bowls without losing?
7. How many pounds of avocados does the Hass Avocado Board report were consumed during last year's Super Bowl?
A. 66.7 million
B. 71.4 million
C. 81 million
D. too many to weigh
8. According to the American Institute of Food Distribution, what is the only day that ranks higher for food consumption in the United States than Super Bowl Sunday?
9. How much did a 30-second commercial cost during the first Super Bowl?
10. What is now pointed to as the first attention-grabbing Super Bowl commercial, aired during Super Bowl VII and featuring Joe Namath and Farrah Fawcett promoting what product?
11. Name the four franchises to lose four Super Bowls.
12. Super Bowl XLI between the Chicago Bears and Indianapolis Colts was the first to be played in rain. What appropriately titled song for the game did Prince sing during the halftime show?
13. Who was the last non-quarterback to be named Super Bowl MVP?
14. Who was the last defensive player to be named Super Bowl MVP?
15. What player is credited with being the first to say "I'm going to Disney World" for a commercial on the field after a Super Bowl?
16. Who was the head coach credited with receiving the first Gatorade bath at a Super Bowl?
17. The Louisiana Superdome has hosted more Super Bowls than any other venue, with its seventh this year, and will tie what city for most Super Bowls hosted, with 10?
18. Name the three stadiums in Texas to host a Super Bowl.
19. How many of the following Super Bowl single-game records are held by the Dallas Cowboys: fewest points allowed (3); most opponents' fumbles recovered (5); fewest passing first downs allowed (1); most turnovers forced (9); most yards penalized (133)?
20. What Super Bowl champion had the worst regular-season record?
21. The national anthem and halftime show were performed by bands from two of the following universities. Which two?
C. Southern Cal
22. What Super Bowl has had the most Roman numerals in its title?
23. Of the 46 Super Bowls, how many have been decided by seven points or fewer?
24. The Minnesota Vikings are 0-4 in Super Bowls. In how many of those four games did they hold a lead?
25. What are the two franchises that have won Super Bowls representing two different cities?
1. Chuck Howley (V), Roger Staubach (XVI), Harvey Martin (co-MVP, XII), Randy White (co-MVP, XII), Troy Aikman (XXVII), Emmitt Smith (XXVIII) and Larry Brown (XXX)
2. Cleveland Browns, Detroit Lions, Houston Texans and Jacksonville Jaguars
3. Super Bowl XLIV between the New Orleans Saints and Indianapolis Colts
4. Last year's -- the New York Giants and New England Patriots in Super Bowl XLVI -- with 113.3 million viewers
5. Patriots-Giants (XLII, XLVI), Cowboys-Steelers (X, XIII, XXX), Cowboys-Bills (XXVII, XXVIII), 49ers-Bengals (XVI, XXIII), Dolphins-Redskins (VII, XVII)
6. San Francisco 49ers (5-0)
7. 71.4 million pounds, or 142 million avocados -- enough to cover a football field 30 feet high, or 10 feet from the top of the typical goal post
8. Thanksgiving Day
10. Noxzema shaving cream
11. Buffalo Bills (0-4), Minnesota Vikings (0-4), Denver Broncos (2-4) and New England Patriots (3-4)
12. Purple Rain
13. Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Santonio Holmes in Super Bowl XLIII
14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers free safety Dexter Jackson in Super Bowl XXXVII
15. New York Giants quarterback Phil Simms, at Super Bowl XXI
16. Bill Parcells, after his New York Giants defeated the Denver Broncos in Super Bowl XXI
18. Rice Stadium, Houston (VIII), Reliant Stadium, Houston (XXXVIII) and Cowboys Stadium, Arlington (XLV)
19. All of them
20. Last season's New York Giants (9-7)
21. A. Arizona and B. Michigan
22. Super Bowl XXXVIII
23. D. 16
25. Oakland/Los Angeles Raiders and Baltimore/Indianapolis Colts
We welcome your comments on this story, but please be civil. Do not use profanity, hate speech, threats, personal abuse, images, internet links or any device to draw undue attention. Comments deemed inappropriate will be removed and repeated abusers will be banned. NOTE: If you log in using your Twitter account, your comments will be signed using the name on your Twitter profile, NOT your Twitter user name. Read our full comment policy.