Woman, brother escape house fire in Arlington

Posted Thursday, Jan. 17, 2013  comments  Print Reprints
A

Have more to add? News tip? Tell us

An elderly woman suffered minor smoke inhalation Thursday morning in an Arlington house fire that caused heavy damage, a fire official said.

No other injuries were reported in the blaze that took firefighters less than 10 minutes to extinguish.

The fire was reported shortly before 1:30 a.m. Thursday in the 2400 block of Jolyn Lane, near Sam Houston High School.

Heavy fire and smoke was coming out of the front of the house when firefighters arrived, said Arlington fire Lt. Kevin Seeton.

The woman and her elderly brother, who had escaped from the house, were found in a backyard, Seeton said.

The woman was taken to a local hospital as a precaution.

Authorities did not release the names of the siblings.

Investigators reported they believe the fire may have started by someone smoking in bed.

Domingo Ramirez Jr., 817-390-7763

Twitter: @mingoramirezjr

Looking for comments?

We welcome your comments on this story, but please be civil. Do not use profanity, hate speech, threats, personal abuse or any device to draw undue attention. Our policy requires those wishing to post here to use their real identity.

Our commenting policy | Facebook commenting FAQ | Why Facebook?