Fort Worth man using oxygen hose burned while lighting cigarette

Posted Sunday, Jan. 13, 2013  Print Reprints
A

Have more to add? News tip? Tell us

A man who was using an oxygen hose was seriously burned Sunday when he lit a cigarette, igniting a small fire, a MedStar official said.

The man, described as being in his 60s, was taken by helicopter ambulance to Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas. He suffered burns to his face and nose, but the injuries were not considered life-threatening, said MedStar spokesman Matt Zavadsky on Sunday.

The accident occurred shortly after 11:30 a.m. Sunday in the 1600 block of North Beach Street.

The fire was contained to the hose, and no other damage occurred in the home, authorities said.

The man, who was not identified, suffered most of his burns to his nose, Zavadsky said.

Domingo Ramirez Jr., 817-390-7763

Twitter: @mingoramirezjr

1600 block of North Beach Street, Fort Worth, TX
Loading map ...