Posted Wednesday, Dec. 05, 2012
GIFT GUIDE PINTEREST GIVEAWAY
To usher in the holidays before we say adieu to 2012, we thought nothing could show our Indulge readers how much they mean to us than giving away some of our favorite things!
Using our Pinterest page we have a month-long "Repin it to win it!" contest for readers to participate in.
The way you enter is simple:
1. Follow us on our Pinterest page
2. Repin the item (OK, let's get real: ITEMS) from our Gift Guide 2012 board you want to win by Dec. 31
3. Wait to see if you win!
Good luck, and see you on the boards!
The contest rules are below, but let's get to the prizes first:
1. Fuel aspirations for a home away from home with Ralph Kylloes Rustic Living, the author/photographers beautifully illustrated showcase of 29 extraordinary properties in North America and British Columbia, each filled with architectural details and decor both eclectic and lush. From a refurbished caboose to a Berkshires lodge with Greek Revival influences, there is nothing bare-bones about any of these homes. Gibbs Smith, $75.
2. For the Anglophile on your list or anyone who loves tradition- and antique-filled interiors padded with history and Chesterfields theres no better choice than Great Houses of London by James Stourton, chairman of Sothebys UK, with photography by Fritz von der SchulenburgÖ. Frances Lincoln, $65.
3. For those who prefer to create their own traditions, look to The Great American House: Tradition for the Way We Live Now. In his first book, acclaimed architect Gil Schafer III illustrates his blending of classical architecture, interior decoration and landscape to create homes with a historical feel, as well as renovate historic homes. Rizzoli, $55.
4. For fans of form and function thats lean, clean and filled with natural light, consider West Coast Modern: Architecture, Interiors & Design, by Zahid Sardar. The book features photos by Matthew Millman of more than 25 large and small desert, mountain and coastal residences built and furnished by best-loved Western architects and interior designers. Gibbs Smith, $50.
5. Fashionistas will devour Love Looks Not With the Eyes, a spectacular collection of 400 previously unpublished photographs by Anne Deniau chronicling fashion design provocateur Lee Alexander McQueens all-too-brief career. For 13 years, Deniau was the only photographer allowed backstage at McQueens fashion shows, and she captures the action, relationships, drama and, of course, the clothes, with an integrity and intensity equal to McQueens. Abrams, $75.
6. All-natural Caldrea candles make for truly lovely hostess gifts. The 2012 limited-edition holiday fragrances Balsam Fir Plum, Crimson Pear Ginger and new Vanilla Quince Santal, made of complex combinations of yummy-smelling essential oils will make any home merry and bright. $28 for a votive trio. Natural Therapeutics.
7. Dallas-based, family-owned Mommy Made It For Me creates and customizes handmade childrens play tents to provide a creative space for children to read, play or sleep in any room of the house. Choose from boy- or girl-specific designs, from this pink fairy princess motif, to cowboys, French poodles, camo-camping and more. Tents, $130-$150; monogramming and accessories (sleeping bags, name plaques, pillowcases, tote bags, play paraphernalia), $8.50-$55. Win a personalized tote bag, $12.95.
8. Cast off on the calm waters of Lake Grapevine and enjoy dinner for two aboard the Black Watch, a charming 38-foot sailboat. The evening begins with a four-course dinner from Grapevines Café Italia inside the vessels comfortable cabin, followed by a two-hour sail, where Captain Dave says couples will chase the sunset. Choose a complimentary bottle of wine from the boats cellar or bring your own to toast to your love. Win a $50 gift certificate toward a dinner cruise.
9. Beatriz Ball works with artisansto begin working with artisans (many of whom are now employed at the companys foundry beneath the volcano in Toluca, Mexico) to create a line of especially lustrous metalware that this year won its second ARTS top prize in the Tabletop Category at the Dallas International Gift and Home Accessories market. Parkhills Jewelry and Gift shop, where all things Beatriz Ball are perennial bestsellers, will also custom-engrave your selection. who create serving pieces, trays, picture frames and decor one at a time using ancient Roman sand-casting methods to mold alloys of molten aluminum into objects that are then hand-polished to eternally gleaming perfection. And because every mold is broken, each piece is unique. Ladle choices abound, but for a chic stocking stuffer, we say go Soho. Ladle, $23, Parkhill's Jewelry and Gifts.
10. Your culinary comrades will appreciate the incredible freshness and spicy bite of this Biancolilla extra-virgin olive oil, harvested just weeks ago in the mountains of Caltabellotta, Sicily, by The Virgin Olive Oiler owner Charles Flach and his wife. Win a 200-ml bottle, worth $19.95.
11. J. Alexander Rustic Silver home accessories handmade and many set with turquoise, coral and onyx have the look of turn-of-the-century Navajo designs. Dallas designer Jason Lenox, owner of Anteks, launched the line of vintage-finished German silver after being inspired by the hand-stamping technique of traditional silversmiths. The large stamped box with turquoise cabochons is ideal for stashing remote controls on a coffee table or fill it with cigars. Speaking of cigars, we love the innovative pitch and retro thunderbird of the cigar ashtray, a clever little gift best wrapped with a box of Havanas. Win a cigar ashtray, $65. Anteks, The Modern Art Museum, Cross-eyed Moose, National Cowgirl Museum, Portfolio.
12. Especially Escada Delicate Notes eau du toilette is a light, more spontaneous take on Escadas original, ultra-feminine rose fragrance that adds topnotes of ylang-ylang and a touch of pear. $46-$84. Sephora.
13. Michael Kors Gold, Rose Edition creates a sophisticated statement with a pink pepper and tuberose blend touched by sandalwood. $78-$98. Michael Kors.
In order to win, you must follow the Indulge Pinterest page and repin the item. A person may win one prize from the giveaway. Entries must be submitted by the contest deadline, Dec. 31, 2012. Must be at least 13 years of age to enter or win. Winners will be selected by random drawing from all online entries received within submission period. Winners will be notified electronically at the end of submission period. Winners may pick up their prizes at the downtown Star-Telegram headquaters in Fort Worth, Texas. No substitutions or transfer of winners/prizes. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Some prizes may have dues dates for redemption/use. Employees and immediate family of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Star-Telegram.com, Indulge magazine, mom2momdfw.com, dfw.com and any/all of the participating giveaway sponsors, are not eligible to enter or win. By entering, winner consents to allow the use of his/her name for advertising or similar promotions without further compensation. Winner releases all sponsors of liability regarding use and enjoyment of the prizes. Tax liabilities and insurance, if any, are sole responsibility of the winner. No purchase necessary to enter or win.
We welcome your comments on this story, but please be civil. Do not use profanity, hate speech, threats, personal abuse, images, internet links or any device to draw undue attention. Comments deemed inappropriate will be removed and repeated abusers will be banned. NOTE: If you log in using your Twitter account, your comments will be signed using the name on your Twitter profile, NOT your Twitter user name. Read our full comment policy.