Bryant, Dallas DA deny reported plea deal

Posted Wednesday, Oct. 31, 2012  comments  Print Reprints
A

Have more to add? News tip? Tell us

The Dallas district attorney's office and Dez Bryant both deny reports that any progress had been made in his domestic assault case.

The Dallas Cowboy wide receiver refuted a report on Wednesday that he had reached a plea deal with the Dallas District Attorney’s office, regarding the misdemeanor family violence charge filed against him for allegedly attacking his mother.

Bryant was adamant that no deal had been reached and nothing had been resolved.

Bryant's advisor, David Wells, said the report was false and no deal had been reached.

In addition, a spokeswoman for the Dallas District Attorney Craig Watkins said the case is still under review and that reports surfacing today saying the case had moved forward were overstated. Debbie Denmon, the public information officer for the district attorney’s office, said the case had been received from DeSoto police but was still under investigation.

Check back here for more updates and follow @startelegram on Twitter.

Clarence Hill Jr. and Bill Miller contributed to this report

Looking for comments?

We welcome your comments on this story, but please be civil. Do not use profanity, hate speech, threats, personal abuse or any device to draw undue attention. Our policy requires those wishing to post here to use their real identity.

Our commenting policy | Facebook commenting FAQ | Why Facebook?